Suicide Deterrent Grilles
- Meet NIC requirements for Suicide Prevention
- Meet requirements for California Title 24
- Options include:
- Barrier bars
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Customized configurations
We offer a full line of minimum to maximum security products.
- Carnes security products are made in Verona, Wisconsin and meet all requirements for governments jobs (made in America).
Approved by the New York State Office of Mental Health.
Specification and IOM sheets are available here
VQBL - High Temperature Smoke Exhaust
The Carnes Company VQ series centrifugal upblast fan is designed and built to handle the
exhaust of extremely hot, smoke laden air during emergency fire situations. The fan discharges unbreathable air to provide vital
minutes for emergency evacuations. These fans are to be roof mounted only.
Model VQBL sizes 06-18 incorporate a new support structure. This improved design provides superior structural integrity
and decreases exhaust air obstruction. The new one piece aluminum shroud construction provides a seamless transition from
outer shroud to Venturi inlet and incorporates a smaller neck diameter which increases fan efficiency, performance and
reduces overall size.
- UL Listed for smoke control systems.
- Tested at the industry standard 500° F for 4 hours.
- Tested at 1000° F for 25 minutes.
- Disconnect is external to the fan and mounted in a weather tight enclosure (NEMA 3R Optional).
- Dual belt drives come standard.
- Adjustable drive sheave comes preset to the requested RPM.
- Motor and drive assembly mounted on vibration isolators.
- Wheel is non-overloading, backwardly inclined.
- Motor compartment is insulated from the exhaust air stream.
- Housing is spun and shaped of aluminum - mill finish is standard.
- Drain opening is integral to the spun shroud.
- Polished CRS shaft with rust inhibitive coating applied.
Please click here for more information.