Carnes Company is looking for a candidate to fill the position:
Buyer - Located in Verona, WI
Are you looking for a career opportunity in a position where your ideas are heard and you are an important part of your
company's success? Carnes is looking for a Buyer who can make decisions on all essential aspects of our procurement process
while maintaining positive relationships with our vendors. If you are reliable and self-motivated, you may be that person!
- Apply best-practices to improve existing purchasing procedures
- Build on existing system for monitoring purchase orders
- Proactively communicate expected arrival dates with order entry and production supervisors
- Track and report purchasing measurements including vendor on-time, cost variances, POs placed, PO dollar value, etc..
- Assist Operations Manager to perform cycle counting and WIP verification programs to maintain stock accuracy. Analyzes
and reconciles variances, determining and solving root causes
- Reviews and submits auto-generated purchase orders
- Ensures existing orders are delivered on time by monitoring all open orders and contacting vendors as needed
- Manage supplier performance to meet cost, quality, and on-time objectives
- Sources and carries out new vendor qualification activities
- Build and maintain excellent supplier relationships
- Negotiates with vendors to secure the best pricing, payment, and shipping terms
- Maintain and update ERP system information
- Bachelor's degree (experience will be considered)
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing setting
- Understand the use of purchase quantities, reorder points, and safety stock
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in the use of ERP software
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Open to occasional domestic travel
Carnes benefits include 401k, pension, medical, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, paid holidays and more.
Established in 1939, Carnes Company manufactures heating, ventilating and air conditioning products used in non-residential construction. We produce items such as ventilators,
diffusers, registers, grilles, humidifiers and energy recovery units.
If you meet these qualifications, and you are dedicated/self-motivated, please send resume and salary history to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 930040
Verona, WI 53593
Phone: (608) 845-6411
FAX: (608) 848-1323
Only candidates meeting position requirements will be considered.
Candidates will be considered only for the position for which they apply and
must submit new resumes for other future positions. Carnes Company is an equal